Massage therapy at The Balance Point is much different than a massage you would get at a spa or salon. Our technicians have been trained extensively in pain management techniques. This affords us the skills to offer a deep tissue massage that is not only relaxing, but also truly therapeutic because it creates a balance in the musculoskeletal structure of the body. Our massages are designed to create balance.
Overall Health Benefit of Massage Therapy
- Increases blood circulation thus enabling the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body’s natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Helps in releasing endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Contributes to shorter labor and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, and shortening hospital stays.
- Reduces overall stress by lowering levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.
- Massage therapy could also treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis
Physical Benefit of Massage Therapy
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness.
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue.
- Reduces muscle spasms.
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain.
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin.
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Treats musculoskeletal problems.
- Rehabilitation post operative or after an injury.
Emotional Benefit of Massage Therapy
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness.
- Improves ability to cope with stress.
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity.
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch.
- Fosters a feeling of well-being.
- Reduces levels of anxiety.
- Creates body awareness.